Sunday, March 2, 2014

Stupid is as Stupid..........?????????

I wonder if this was like Christ's Temple Square???
Matthew 7:6  “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Friends,

   What a week.  It was so busy that when Friday came I didn't even realize it.  I had a couple of projects that were handed to me at the beginning of the week and was then told that the deadline was Friday.  I can proudly say that I made the deadlines, but there were challenges with a couple of students that tried to derail me.
    My students always bring up interesting scenarios.  Students have a difficult time dealing with the things we have all dealt with in high school.  The decision to use or not use drugs is something they have to deal with.  Trying to be popular and stand out puts pressure on some as well.  I constantly deal with the kids that have lost confidence in their abilities to complete the work given to them.  Some strike out by not really using their heads, and others just give up.
    I do love my job and it is definitely never boring, well maybe during standardized testing it is, but not very often.  I do feel like Mr. Hand from Fast Times At Ridgemont High sometimes.  I tell my kids all the time that I won't put up with rudeness and defiance, but if they ever need me I will be here.  One kid even asked me this week, after one of these incidents, "How do you handle this?"  My answer is, "My job is to help you along the way and to be a positive influence." 
This could be Ridgemont High, Not!!!!

   As always, this type of stuff got me to thinking about my blog.  Sometimes I get frustrated with not being able to influence my kids.  I will never understand why kids or people want to fail.  I bet Christ asks the same questions as well.  But, we live as humans with free will and some people choose to do it the hard way.  It is their right and as much as I want to help, we can't do a darn thing until God touches their hearts, they hit bottom, or they mature to a place where they say enough is enough.
   Jesus tells us not to cast our pearls to swine, but if we are to help people like Christ did, then we need to practice patients.  If my words are not going to work, then maybe living my life as an example will.  It is difficult sometimes and I am definitely not a saint.  I can act like Christ in the temple and start tossing kids out of class, when I reach my limit but it doesn't happen very often, thank God.
   So remember, if we can't change things with our words we can do it with actions.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Rusty, your words are inspiring keep loving your kids and modeling Jesus love to them. We got to be with Darci Suday and her daughters Alli and Andie. What a treat. I was hoping to see you when you were down. Did you end up coming or no?

      Delete