Sunday, June 28, 2020

Fear

Fire in the Sierras
 Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."NIV
 
  What are you afraid of in life?   

  During this current environment there are a lot of people living in fear.  Living in fear is a choice, it is not a predetermined emotion forced on us.  I know a lot about living in fear and decided to no longer live with the constant worry.  
  Being born out of wedlock, I dealt with the fear of abandonment.  Blinded in my right eye when I was five, I lived with the fear of losing my other eye.  Living in a household where fighting was a constant presence was a disturbing childhood.  The fear of being poor and hungry was a perpetual issue.  
  You may ask, how did you get passed all of that.  A lot of prayer, therapy and journaling.  You also have to practice.  This means you are going to get up in the morning and consciously say, "I am not going to be afraid of this issue today."  A pastor once told me that fear is the lack of faith, but doubt is a pathway to faith.  Doubt and question God's motives, but you can choose not to live in fear.  It is refreshing to get away from it.  I can truly attest to the freeing effect of not living in fear.
  If the worst thing we can be afraid of is dying, then as Christians we should not be afraid, but embrace that we will be in heaven with Christ and the loved ones that have gone on before us.  What is there to fear in that?  
  

  Write down what you are afraid of and give it up to the Lord for the day.  Then, practice not being afraid of it for a day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment